Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Colouring Craze


I have been neglecting you. I have taken up a health column on Daily Planet and trying to make it out alive while doing an Honours Degree in Creative Writing at Wits. So my reading time has halved, well my 'relaxing-reading-time' - I really do read ALOT but not the reviewing kind. 



So it is all now the craze to colour-in. As a holey-letter colourer myself and on-the-phone-doodler I find this new fad fascinating. Oh, don't get me wrong, I hold myself to the high standard that is the cover and it stresses me out. So with not much reading time under my belt each day, I gave it a bash. Before I knew it an hour had gone past and I had created a semi-idyllic-Van-Gogh, ok maybe not a Van Gogh, but it was as close as I was going to get.

I went looking around the net. IOL reported that the colouring in book called The Secret Garden has now sold over 1.5 million copies! And illustrator Johanna Bashford is outselling Harper Lee and George R.R. Martin on the Amazon charts. 



It is a craze that is hitting Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter; pulling families together, destressing the stressed and making booksellers a new fad to bulk up on.

See my attempt at colouring...



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by Suck my Lolly