Friday, March 7, 2014

Friday Folly: The Harry Potter Re-read Challenge





It took a Harry Potter movie marathon last weekend to have me wallowing in the magic that is and was Harry Potter. Now, I won’t call myself a pothead, I will call myself a fan – to the extent of knowing the storylines, the characters, crying at the momentous death scenes J.K set up, and listing my favourites about this series. I won’t go as far as writing an entire thesis on each book like my friend, Steff – who can analyse one character from a mere scene in the movie in comparison to the book; a talent I daresay. 

There is something magical in reading the first words of Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone


‘Mr and Mrs Dursley, of number four, Privet Drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much’


My poor paperback is ragged and waterlogged, as if I had dragged it around with me like an old toy. I probably did. Hoping one day I’d receive my letter to Hogwarts – which never did come. Perhaps it’s a series like this that paved my way into books; magical isn’t it.

So I put forth a challenge: Let’s reread the Harry Potter Series. Not in huge gulps, but in slow easy chews that remind us of how powerful this series really is. I'll post an update every month to see how far I am and how the series has changed in my view now. I do warn you it'll be a slow one...


I started last night, and you can start as soon as you want. Use the hashtag  #PotterReads. I’ll be posting pictures on my instagram. Posting Facebook updates on the IABT FB page. Be sure to catch my Twitter feed.



Happy Potter Reading...


2 comments:

Jo said...

Every so often, I reread this, my favourite ever series, by listening to the awesome Stephen Fry read audiobook version, which I heartily recommend. Your blog makes me think it might be time for a relisten. *Accio iPod* *Expelliarmus work demands* *pulls on invisibility cloak*

Sugar and Snark said...

Enjoy your re-read! It stays great :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by Suck my Lolly