Friday, January 31, 2014

Friday Folly: How to build a fictional world - Kate Messner

It's Friday.  The week has ended and the world looks brighter, well unless you are in Johannesburg and the rain is making you either long for a huge tome, or wishing to be in bed instead of behind a computer.  Well fear not, we are all standing there along side you, hoping for the whiff of weekend to trail by.

So to ease your weekend, I found an amazing TED talk animation by Kate Messner, a video on how to create a fiction world. How did Tolkien do it? Why did a boy under the stairs captivate us? It's all here.


So sit back relax and remember the weekend is almost here...









1 comments:

Hanna W. said...

It's funny that I'm writing this as the weekend ends, but great post! The video was awesome, and showed just how difficult worldbuilding really is. It was only once I began to try it for myself that I had a huge appreciation for the fantasy authors I've been reading lately. The amount of work that goes into worldbuilding is just crazy, but in the end it's worth it. :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by Suck my Lolly