Thursday, December 20, 2012

Merry Christmas and all that Jazz

Deck the Halls. Deck the halls with boughs of holly.
Fa-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la
'Tis the season to be jolly.
Fa-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la
 
 
So as the festive season approaches, your jeans get tighter and family arrives from all corners of the earth to squeeze your cheeks and hand you too-thick jerseys that took the entire year to knit.  The festive season is my favourite time of the year.  It boasts plates full of turkey and cheesy Christmas songs that threaten to pop your eardrums, but I love it.  I love the glow, the decorations, the food, the loud and embarrassing family, and the horrid gifts.
 
 
 
 
So as the year draws to a close, I have to pop my collar and boast at how proud I am of this blog.  From Author's Pie - that allowed me to showcase and chat to some of SA's local authors; to the competitions; to all the books received and reviewed; to Tarryn Talbot, Melissa Davidson, and Bradley Lutz for their amazing reviews; to i want a dodo, Tamarin, for everything and the baked goods!; to being a featured reviewer in Teenzone; to reviewing for the amazing Tammy February at Women 24; to being apart of Exclusive Books' Boeke Prize; to all the Publishers who have supported, cheered on and cultivated the blog (Jacana Media, Jonathan Ball, Penguin Books South Africa, and Pan Macmillan South Africa); to the South African Bloggers - god, there is so much love and books in my hear for you all; to Exclusive Books who started my career in books and now continue to hoist me and my blog in the air with great books and events; and finally to each and every follower, reader, contributor, commenter, stopper-byer, fallen-upon-your-blog-er, authors, publishers - each and everyone of you who just make blogging that much more worth it.
 
 
So to all of you, readers or not, I wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
 
 
 


1 comments:

cat_hellisen said...

And a very merry to you to. :D

Have a wonderful festive season and here's to lots of awesome bookish presents headed your way.

And here's my fave Christmas song, enjoy - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCNvZqpa-7Q

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by Suck my Lolly