Thursday, July 5, 2012

Exclusive Books Winter Sale



It’s that time of year again. The wind picks up, the temperature drops and books become everyone’s best friend (that and a heater). The seasons force us homewards, we stifle blocked noses, and blankets and jerseys grow tighter around our shoulders. 


This time of year also brings Exclusive Books' Winter Sale. The sale that made me poor in my student years and still does. As a bookseller we would be allowed to raid the sale tables first (on condition that we unpacked the books and got the store ready for the sale – not an easy feat but worth it in the end). Books in a box that could be kept until the 50% discount. It was like the Reggies rush, except we had to pay, and we would revel over our sale spoils every shift comparing, whittling down or swopping.


When it all comes down to it, as a bookseller, some of my best talents came from packing sale tables. I knew what prices were the best deals and that patience is a virtue that allows you to find the gems; I could pack a sale table so tight (in order to get as much stock out as possible) that a bomb would go off and nothing would move; I fought a box cutter off a shopper once; and that anyone will do anything for a cheap book, including me.


So when I get that media preview invite to the sale from Exclusive Books I do an automatic jig and an award-winning squeal. A-for-away

I love this time of year, the smell of a cheap book on the horizon. The thrill ignites me. So head over to the sale, rummage through the hoards and then come back and tell me about the gems you managed to pry from a child or dig out of an unwatched box. I want to know!


Happy Gem Hunting.


Also check out Tamarin’s Sale blog...
Check out the sale at your nearest Exclusive Books Store



Find Exclusive Books




3 comments:

Lu said...

I was at the Greenstone Mall sale the other day, and there were tons of great books! I didn't pick any up :( I was only there to fetch my copy of Anna Karenina they were holding for me :)

barefootmeds said...

I loved this year's sale. I think someone new took over the display at my local Exclusive Books because it was the first time I managed to find some gems during the actual sale. Whoever that person is needs to go help out all the Bargain Books stores in the country.

ayan mittal said...

I like this blog so much, saved to my bookmarks .online book store.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by Suck my Lolly