Thursday, January 26, 2012

Confessions of a Book Whore


Thursday.  Pay Day. 1 More day till the Exclusive Books Summer Sale.  The only thing missing is a bathtub of chocolate and Brad Pitt serving me tea!

What makes today even more special, is that I am guesting over at 

syllable in the city



A friend once told me “Books are overrated”. Needless to say, that friend is no longer a friend, and with a fair amount of wailing, stomping and obscene language I marched them out my door and told them to never come back!
I always launch into how Winnie the PoohDr SeussRoald Dahl and Enid Blyton shaped the book whore in front of you today; how my father dropped me off at the library every Saturday and left me there until they closed – me kicking and struggling to stay. Or how every month, come hell or high water, I received a Blue Peter package with my name emblazoned on it. “What a life”, you may think.  It was.  I love books, so let me tell you how much!


So be sure to stop by and comment! 

2 comments:

terri-maree said...

Lol - this is amazing Kelly!! Roald Dahl was a major influence for me too - and the only one who has rekindled that addictive excitedness in such measures since is J.K. Rowling.

I cannot wait for your next confession :P

Shelagh said...

Great guest post Kelly! I also despise spine-crackers - I admire a much loved book that has a few wrinkles on its spine after the 10th read, but even then the spine is in tact. I also alphabetise my bookshelves - by genre and then by author surname.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by Suck my Lolly