Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Confessions of a Book Whore: I bought a Kindle


Welcome to the second installment of Confessions of a Book Whore. Today I am guesting at Liquid Books (i.e. Wesley Thompson - Digital aficionado and Digital Publisher at Pan Macmillan South Africa)


You’re buying a new car. You pick out the perfect model, do a few test drives and pick a colour. Everyone from your dad to your doctor’s aunt gives you advice on what to buy and what to avoid: particular models that put them through their own personal versions of hell.


After months of agonising over what to choose, one fine day something clicks and you discover the car of your dreams; the one that houses your bum to perfection, allows for leg room and can do everything but make you breakfast in the morning with a kiss. Your baby!
It’s a bit like buying an eReader.


You pick and choose; yell and shout; debate and argue. You do your research and get advice. Which eReader would fit you like the proverbial glove?


I recently took the plunge. I drowned out the dissenting voices, moved heaven and earth, and bought an eReader. Literally one click and four days later Amazon had delivered Sydney to me, bound in a brown box and filled with cables and booklets.


I know what you might be thinking. I gave into the fad. I lost my nerve. In the panic of the overwhelming proliferation of choice, I followed the hordes like a shameless sheep into Amazon’s digital heaven. Read More ...

Don't forget to leave a comment!!! 



1 comments:

Shelagh said...

I also love my Kindle (Bob). One of the biggest advantages for me has been the access to great indie authors and their books.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by Suck my Lolly