Friday, August 26, 2011

Guest Post Friday Follow

So because it's Friday (cue classical music and talking animals) and we wanted to showcase some amazing South African Book Bloggers we love to stalk... 

You can take part in the blog hop at Crazy for Books & Parajunkee's Friday Follow. Happy Friday!
 
We posed a question to South African Book Bloggers occupying the blogosphere and not only are the guest posts AMAZING but we have met some pretty awesome local book bloggers, so with out further adeiu we present Shelagh, from The Word Fiend; her bio reads:
 
Writer. Reader. Self-confessed geek.

A blog that will make you salivate and squeal with bookish enthusiasm.  "Oh what a blog" I whisper each time I visit...


The Word Fiend's Question was:

When I walk into a Bookshop...


I feel at home. I love bookshops. Walking into one is like opening the door to old friends and finding that they've brought some new ones along for the party. My behaviour in any particular bookshop depends largely on whether I'm looking for something specific or not.If I am on the hunt for a particular title I will make a beeline straight for the most likely shelves and start searching. I am not easily distracted when in this particular mindset and seldom stop to browse through any other titles. If I find the treasure I'm looking for I bound towards the till, often grinning like a loon. This may explain some of the startled looks I get from shop assistants, now that I stop to think about it...



If my prize has eluded me I don't hang around and leave feeling strangely despondent. This may seem a bit odd I know, but when I have made up my mind to buy a particular book I have to have it then. I don't know where this comes from, but it's one of my many personality quirks.

But most often when I walk into a bookshop it's because I love books. While some ladies may spend hours looking at clothes or shoes, for me it’s books. Always has been, hopefully always will be.

I can spend hours in a bookshop: browsing through the new arrivals; haunting my favourite sections or just exploring. I have also been known to rearrange shelves so that series are together and in the correct order. Another habit is returning lost books to their homes. You know the ones I’m talking about: Dr Phil’s latest offering looking particularly uncomfortable pressed up against historical romance novels equipped with impressively heaving bosoms. But the inability for some people to put books back where they found them will have to be a topic for another day…

Bookshops are glorious places and I look forward to seeing you in one soon!

You can find Shelagh on twitter here



 

4 comments:

Majid Ali said...

Please help me for Christ sake

Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. I love bookshops too! I also feel at home. It's a way to calm down.
My Hop

Shelagh said...

Thanks for the opportunity to guest post ladies! It was a lot of fun and we should do this again. :)

Have a rocking weekend and try to stay out of trouble!

Shelagh
The Word Fiend

Stephanie said...

I loved this post!! I related so much to it that it was scary! :) I'm so glad you are showing casing South Africa Book Bloggers. I'm am one as well and very proud to be at that! Check out my blog http://ya-reader.blogspot.com/
New follower.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by Suck my Lolly