Thursday, July 28, 2011

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children Book Trailer


So there is one book that I am biting to get into, around and all over!  It was all thanks to little miss Book Fairy Haven's teaser trailer that sent me on my path to stalking Exclusive Books staff and Kalahari.net.  The words "I WANT. I NEED. MUST HAVE" play over and over in my head when I go in search of this un-findable book in South Africa (and boy have I looked).

So as I comfort myself in teaser trailers and nagging Book Fairy Haven for teasers, here is a synopsis and book trailer of Miss Peregrine's home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs.

About the Book

A mysterious island.

An abandoned orphanage.

A strange collection of very curious photographs.

It all waits to be discovered in
Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children, an unforgettable novel that mixes fiction and photography in a thrilling reading experience. As our story opens, a horrific family tragedy sets sixteen-year-old Jacob journeying to a remote island off the coast of Wales, where he discovers the crumbling ruins of Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. As Jacob explores its abandoned bedrooms and hallways, it becomes clear that the children were more than just peculiar. They may have been dangerous. They may have been quarantined on a deserted island for good reason. And somehow—impossible though it seems—they may still be alive.

A spine-tingling fantasy illustrated with haunting vintage photography,
Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children will delight adults, teens, and anyone who relishes an adventure in the shadows.





3 comments:

KJ Mulder said...

Well you could just order it from Book Depository. It's about a two week wait, quickest was 9 business days, and their service is great! Might still get it long before our local shops have it in stock.

Miss Peregrines Home for Peculiar Children

Just be warned, they are a black hole for any extra cash you might have. I'm broke due to buying way too many books from them!

Darcus said...

I've really REALLY been wanting to read this book!

Veruska De Vita said...

Oh my word! I am DYING to get my hands on this book! Thought I was the only one....

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by Suck my Lolly