Friday, July 22, 2011

Hello Friday! Blog Hop (7)

There is one day a week that seems worthy of cracking open a bottle of wine (Besides Tarryn who thinks Wine Night is every night) and that day is today!  So as we slowly acquaint ourselves with Friday, coffee in hand, we give you the BLOG HOP!

Parajunkee


Name 3 authors that you would love to sit down and spend an hour or a meal with just talking about either their books or get advice on writing from...

Tarryn:
  1. The Bronté Sisters (Does this count as 3 or one?)
  2. Aravind Adiga
  3. Jane Austen


Kelly:
  1. Ian Fleming
  2. Roald Dahl
  3. Beatrix Potter 


Crazy for Books

  
What’s the ONE GENRE that you wish you could get into, but just can’t

Tarryn: This is against our reading religion to answer this question

Kelly: There are a few books where I have wanted to set on fire while booming a mock-evil-laugh as the pages curl, but the thought of damaging a book certainly turns my blood to bile.  So I close the book, stroke the spine and place it neatly on my bookshelf.



We would love to hear your answers! So leave a comment - we will be sure to stop by your blog!


Don't forget to follow us on twitter:

18 comments:

Jules said...

Roald Dahl is a great choice!

I'm an old follower :D

http://thegreatthegoodandthebad.blogspot.com/

Cary Cheyenne. said...

Wow, really great and well thought out answer :) I'm now following your blog, too! My post is here: http://tiny.cc/y1i2x

Kathy said...

Oooh, The Bronte sister would be awesome. Happy weekend.

Aimee said...

Jane Austen is a great choice (I only like one Bronte :S ) ! I'm already a follower. My answers are up at Coffee Table Reviews.

Pedantic Phooka said...

Hi there, I'm hopping through and following you.

Have a great weekend!

Holjo @ Pedantic Phooka
www.pedanticphooka.com

StuckInBooks said...

I would love to talk to Jane Austen - what a great choice.

Thanks for visiting StuckInbooks.com FF =)

DeniseF said...

I love your blog hop answer. So true!

http://somanybookssolittletimeblog.blogspot.com/

Kyanara_night said...

hi

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog!
I love your lists of authors. Those are some amazing auhtors!
Have a wonderfull weekend!
Kyanara

Jinny (SkyInk.net) said...

New follower! Found on Follow Friday! :) Jane Austen seems to be a popular choice! I've only ever read Emma though (and wasn't too crazy about it) but I really want to try Pride and Prejudice!

If you'd like to visit my own FF post, it is here: http://skyink.net/?p=2397

Jess (Gone with the Words) said...

Great lists, ladies!!

Jennifer said...

Thanks for stopping by on the hop, new follower :)
Jennifer @ The Bawdy Book Blog

Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. Great author choices. I'd especially like to read Jane Austen and Roald Dahl.
My Hop

April said...

ROFL - love your blogger hop answers!!! Hope you both have an awesome weekend!

andi said...

New follower here! Great author picks...though you might need to add a stipulation that they attend the meeting...well, ya' know. As they were in life...I'm just sayin'.

Stop on by to see my author picks: http://andinovelista.blogspot.com

~andi

Alyssa (Reader's Refuge) said...

New follower hopping through! Great picks. Love Roald Dahl and Jane Austen. Have a good weekend! :)

Reader's Refuge

pussreboots said...

Since last week's pie chart about where I get my books was so popular, I thought I'd share what types of books I do read. Please stop by to see which genres I don't typically read.

thebookfairyhaven said...

Ooh I can't even begin to answer those questions - and I agree with Tarryn, it's against my reading religion to single out a genre I can't get into and it's against my reading religion to narrow it down to only a few authors that I can get to sit down with. :)

Shelagh said...

Roald Dahl is an excellent choice! I'm also really glad to see that other people are incapable of book destruction - it took me ages to be able to make notes in my textbooks.

Hope you ladies had a fabulous weekend!

Shelagh
The Word Fiend

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by Suck my Lolly