Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (12) Death of the Mantis by Michael Stanley


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

Death of the Mantis by Michael Stanley



When a Kalahari ranger is found dead in a dry ravine, his corpse surrounded by three Bushmen, the local police arrest the nomads. Botswanas Detective Kubu Bengu investigates the case and is reunited with his old school friend Khumanego, a Bushman and advocate for his people. Khumanego claims the nomads are innocent and the arrests motivated by racist antagonism. The Bushmen are released, but soon after, another man is murdered in similar circumstances. Are the Bushmen to blame, or is it a copycat murder?

Then there is a third murder. Again it points to the Bushmen. Kubu journeys into the depths of the Kalahari to find the truth. What he discovers will test all his powers of detection and his ability to stay alive ...



Why are we Waiting for it?

Michael Stanley, a duo of South Africa's finest crime writers: Michael Sears & Stanley Trollip - How can we not be excited?  We have to celebrate our local authors as well as supporting Good writers!


What are you waiting for this week?

3 comments:

Amber (aka BBB) said...

Oh I love discovering new to me authors. I've added to my list of authors to try. Thanks!

thebookfairyhaven said...

I must say SA authors have really been surprising me lately. And you know that I don't go out of my way to read them - but if books like Deadlands can surprise me, then surely I should get around to trying this. :D

Gemma said...

Sounds interesting! The cover is very cool.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!! =]

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by Suck my Lolly