Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (10) Sing You Home by Jodi Picoult

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

Sing You Home by Jodi Picoult




One miscarriage too many spelled the end of Max and Zoe Baxter's marriage. Though the former couple went quite separate ways, their fates remained entangled: After veering into alcoholism, Max is saved in multiple senses by his fundamentalist conversion; Zoe, for her part, finds healing relief in music therapy and the friendship, then romantic love with Vanessa, her counselor. After Zoe and Vanessa, now married, decide to have a baby, they realize that they must join battle with Max, who objects on both religious and financial grounds.

Like her House Rules and several other previous Jodi Picoult novels, Sing You Home grapples with hot button issues. The novel also includes a CD of songs, each matched with a chapter in the book. Perfect for book clubs


Why are we Waiting for it?

There has been nothing but BUZZ about this book and when there is a Buzz, Tarryn & I are there!  Picoult left us wide-mouthed and teary-eyed in My Sisters Keeper (both book and movie) - granted that isn't her newest but still... Books leave imprints on us.  Oh and did we mention that we Met her!!



What are you waiting for this week?

10 comments:

Jules (The Great, The Good and The Bad) said...

I am waiting on this one too! I really like some of her past books.

Jules

Kay said...

I've heard some really good things about this one. And some reviews that weren't as positive. Looking forward to deciding for myself. Nice choice!

Katie said...

Sing You Home is woooonderful! You're going to love it :)

Bookish Brunette said...

I loooove Jodi! I haven't read this one yet though!

My Wow Post!

Lisa (Lisa's World of Books) said...

I love her books! Great pick!

http://www.lisasworldofbooks.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday_20.html

nomadreader said...

I wasn't a big fan of Sing You Home, but I would recommend Keeping Faith. It's still my favorite Picoult.

Tribute Books Mama said...

Must read this author, her books sound really good.

Come by and see mine and my giveaways.

Heidi said...

I really enjoyed Sing You Home. I found it very real.

Belgie said...

I thought the book was good, but Picoult tried to cover way too many controversial topics. I happen to be a very liberal democrat, and I even I thought she over did it!

Janitorial Service Seattle WA - Crest Cleaners Inc said...

This book is very well written. Ms. Picoult branches out on an almost forbidden subject of gay/lesbian. She shows that love does not have to be man/woman. It can be with whomever you want to be with. The books holds your interest totally and I was very surprised that I read it in one day. I highly recommend this book!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by Suck my Lolly