Friday, April 1, 2011

Book Launch: Deadlands by Lily Herne


Deadlands is not currently available outside South Africa, although that should change. Until then, the booklounge in Cape Town will ship internationally. You can email them at booklounge@gmail.com

Blurb
Ten years after Cape Town was destroyed in the War with the living dead, zombies ramble free in Cape Town’s suburbs (known as the Deadlands), and the remaining living are either in fenced in on farms or in urban shantytowns.

The living are watched over by the mysteriously robed Guardians, a race of humanoid figures who appeared at the end of the War and who keep the living dead at bay, albeit for a steep price. Every year the Guardians stage a human Lottery and select five aspiring teenagers to be whisked out of the enclave for a secret purpose. To be one of the chosen five is a highly sought after and prestigious accolade.

No one (yet) knows why it is that the Guardians prize teenage bodies so highly, how they control the zombies or what they look like under the robes that cover their bodies...

Read excerpt here




Details

Date: Saturday, 9th April 2011
Time: 11h00
Place: Exclusive Books Canal Walk
RSVP: canalwalk@exclusivebooks.co.za or 021 555 3720.

Competition Details

Buy a copy of Deadlands by Lily Herne, at Exclusive Books Canal Walk on or before the 9th of April 2011 and enter into the lucky draw.  Place your telephone and email address in the Deadlands lottery box.  Be at the launch on Saturday, 9 April when the lottery takes place.

4 comments:

Kristi The Book Faery said...

Where can I buy this? Let me know! I can't seem to find where to go? I want it bad!

I'm a new follower! Stop by and see me! Let me know how I can get a copy of this book ASAP, LOL :o]

Kristi-The Book Faery's BBH & FF

Elizabeth said...

Cool book display...book sounds good as well.

I am stopping by from the blog hop.

Hope you have a fun blog hop.

Stop by my blog if you like to see my answer.

http://silversolara.blogspot.com

Nic @ Irresistible Reads said...

This sounds really good! I haven't heard of it before though. Thanks for sharing :)

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a super cool book, I want to read it!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by Suck my Lolly