Friday, April 29, 2011

Blog Hop: Follow Friday (6)


Welcome to Friday Follow & Blog Hop Friday!

Tarryn is off in the mountains getting some much needed R 'n R (Reading and Reviewing).  I am wrapped up in a huge blanket trying to type the numbness out of my fingers.  It's Freezing in South Africa, I am not complaining - More reading time... but I just wish that 1) the dead ache of my body would thaw the moment I woke up, 2) I would have the need to throw coffee on my face to smile, 3) I wouldn't have to read with gloves on 4) I could sit outside without catching anything that would kill me...
  
Now for the Blog Hop/Follow Friday


"Summer is coming quickly - what 2011 summer release are you are most looking forward to?"

Wow! So many to choose from but I think I could try narrow it down...

Jodi Picoult's Sing You Home (See the Blurb here)


Jeffery Deaver's Carte Blanche (See the Blurb here)


Cassandra Clare's City of Fallen Angels (See the Blurb here)


Vanessa Diffenbaugh's Language of Flowers (See the Blurb here)




 If you were stocking your bomb shelter, what books would you HAVE to include if you only had space for ten?

*Runs screaming away from computer at thought of ONLY choosing 5 books*
Ok if I have to be serious...
I know Tarryn would rather leave naked (as would I) to make room for more books.  I would, without hesitation, would leave food behind...

But among the books we would take with us (Plus the others we would sneak in our underwear) would be...

Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
Atonement by Ian McEwan
A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Emmuska Orczy
Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier
Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
The Collection of Jane Austen

*Oh Gosh! Where to end...*
I am just going to put this question as "This is against my Book Reading Religion"


So from the depths of the Mountains and the depths of the blankets, we wish you a fabulous weekend and for those in South Africa a long, relaxing and reading filled Worker's Day...


20 comments:

Linds said...

Your book choices are fantastic! Classics! I know that I should have picked more than one. But I picked what I love and what I would want my daughter to eventually read, and what I would want to read over and over again LMAO!

Alexis @ Reflections of a Bookaholic said...

I love that your list has so many classics. Have a good weekend :)

Mystica said...

Coming through on the blog hop. I like your list.

My keeper shelf said...

New follower. I loved your choices, I need to change my choices to add in Pride and Prejudice now!

Lesley @ My keeper shelf

BookBelle said...

Love your lists. Just my kind of reading. Can I be in your bomb shelter. We could double our book selection then....

leeswammes said...

Hopping over! Sorry it's so cold where you are, I didn't even know it gets all that cold in SA. Here we have sun and the temperature is higher than usual (I'm in the Netherlands).

Happy reading this weekend!

So many books, so little time said...

Newest follower via FF, I love the pic at the bottom, I would rather escape reading books than run (I'd rather read than most things lol).

If you are dropping by please check out the pre-loved giveaway it ends this month and it is a Tami Hoag book.

Lainy

Kathy said...

Oooh! Atonement is really good. Great pick! Happy weekend.

Lauren B said...

Thanks for hopping by my blog.
Winning a Tess Gerritsen hamper is so great - what was inside?

mel u said...

Hi-I am returning your very kind blog visit-your list of ten books contains several books I hope to get to soon

Karen said...

I have City of Fallen Angels sitting in my tbr pile. I'm a little worried about reading it as I thought the series ended well with the last book. I'm sure I will like it though.

I love Jeffery Deaver. I have Burning Wire and Roadside Crosses in my tbr pile too. A bit wary of carte blanche though. I can't imagine him writing in the style of Ian Flemming. Not that I have read any Flemming (should rectify that) but it still seems so very different to Deaver's other work.

LibrarySnake said...

I'm reading an ARC of The Language of Flowers right now, and I can tell you it is astoundingly beautifu. I can't put it down :)

Here's mine:
http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/04/book-blogger-hop_29.html

pussreboots said...

The truth of the matter is I don't really keep a list of release dates. But there are a few authors with new books coming out that I'm excited about. Come see who they are.

bex said...

Oh, how could I forget Wuthering Heights? Jeez. And I soo want to read Rebecca as well. Great picks. :) I'm a new follower!

My list can be found here!

Rebecca @ kindle fever

Jeanna's Bookshelf said...

just stopping by from the book blog hop. I love Jodi Picoult. Have you read "Handle with Care". Great book if you haven't! Hope you can stop by.

http://jeannasbookshelf.blogspot.com/

Jeanna

sinn said...

Wow, those are some awesome choices! There are just so many amazing books out there that it is hard to narrow it down to a mere 10! That was a pretty challenging question. Whew!

Here's my list, and don't forget to sign up for the giveaway!

New follower ^_^

Jex said...

Ooo I've been looking to read more Jodi Picoult books ever since I read House Rules.

Just hopping by ~ Jex @ Everything and Nothing

Elizabeth said...

Stopping by from the Blog Hop.

I am finding so many books that I haven't heard of.

Stop by my blog if you like so you can see my answer to this week's question.

Elizabeth

http://silversolara.blogspot.com

thebookfairyhaven said...

*wails* We can pick only ten books? 'Tis the biggest crime on the centry of the earth.

but for me, The Sky is Everywhere, Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma, Like Water for Chocolate and Isabel Allende's works would definitely be amongst the few that would be in that shelf.

Hope you are having a fabulous long weekend. Will mail you when we get back to work. *sighs*

UK said...

" Handle with Care" This book was incredible. You become totally engrossed in the story and cannot put it down. The ending is a bit ridiculous and at some points in the story you kinda just say seriously.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by Suck my Lolly