Friday, January 14, 2011

Blog Hop (4) Whirlwind 2010

Welcome back readers, followers and book-lovers alike. We are extremely relieved to be back and our blog hasn’t completely crashed due to utter neglect! As you can see the blog is fresh and new and hopefully looking a bit perkier!

What a year 2010 was for books! A New Nelson Mandela autobiography, Mice by Gordon Reece, the amazing Distant Hours, Ken Follett’s Fall of Giants, and Peter Godwin’s The Fear.  Peter Harris’ Birth, meeting Justin Bonello and Lawrence Anthony, the launch of Spud the Movie and the discovery of a fantastic debut author Amanda Coetzee. A whirlwind year for us! We documented what we could and sifted the “Red-Wine” faces out and are posting them in succession and grouping them by favourites and events.

Today we are in the right minds to jump on the Blog Hop Train and pimp our blog out for laughs, new books and just plain bookish news.

Now do like a Blog and Hop!

Crazy for Books Blog Hop


"Why do you read the genre that you do? What draws you to it?"

Tarryn: I read a little bit of everything really. When I am reading that genre, I am doing it for a purpose (as we all are, I suppose). I read fantasy to break the realms of reality. I read current affairs to pretend that I know what I am talking about. I read dramas so that I have an excuse to eat chocolate and sigh heavily, and so on...

Kelly: I read because I love it. I have too many books of too many genres to pick a favourite; like the Old woman in the Shoe, she had so many children she didn’t know what to do. So I read classics to fall in love with reading, I read fantasy to pretend, I read biographies for interest, Fiction to just read and love reading!



Parajunkie Friday Follow

What makes up your non-human family??

Tarryn: Two dogs and a room full of books

Kelly: Austen, Dickens, Rushdie, McEwan and Dahl

11 comments:

The Lovely Getaway said...

Hello! I'm your newest follower :) found you on the hop! OMG! when asked who made up my non human family, I automatically thought of my pets, but you are sooo right; my books would most definitely make the list as well! :)

Diana
ps. If you have a chance, stop by my blog here, thelovelygetaway.blogspot.com

Rie Conley said...

New follower.

Hmm...not sure I would call the books themselves family members, but certain characters I'd love to call family.

bookaddict4real said...

Hello ladies glad to see you are back with your pimped out blog. I like it

Heatheraine Trim said...

New Follower here! Love your blog layout. Happy Follow Friday.
http://heatheraine.blogspot.com

GREYZ said...

Book becomes our escape from reality regardless the genre. :) You can read my answer at Clandestine Sanctuary. Have a great weekend!

Btw, I am your newest follower.

Howard Sherman said...

Here I am hopping on by...

I went all over the map with this question on my blog. I read and enjoy almost every genre of fiction out there. There’s no way I could just pick one.

So I talked about all of them. Even romance fiction (sort of)! I invite you to hop over to my blog at http://www.howardsherman.net and see for yourself.

Howard A. Sherman
http://www.howardsherman.net

Emma Michaels said...

Happy Follow Friday! I am a follower!

Sincerely,
Emma Michaels
The Thirteenth Chime
http://EmmaMichaels.Blogspot.com

Danielle @ Romance Book Junkies said...

Hello,
Happy Friday I'm just stopping by for Follow Friday and the hop. I can't believe its Friday already but I hope you have a fabulous weekend and get lots of reading done.

Danielle
Romance Book Junkies

pussreboots said...

I read more than one genre. But there are a few genres I don't read. Come see what I do and don't read.

TheBookGirl said...

Like the new blog look :)

I tend to read all over the map, with a few exceptions: no romance, no westerns, no really graphic violence and no child abduction/murder storylines.

Kristin said...

New follower! Stop by and say hi if you get a chance-and check out my giveaway!
Kristin
MyBookishWays

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by Suck my Lolly