Friday, November 5, 2010

Friday Follow - Book Blog Hop (3)

Not only does Friday signify the oncoming of the weekend, a book buying, reading, devouring-words frenzy spread over 3 days, but also Friday Follow.  Tarryn & I relish in Fridays for both reasons.  We are satisfied with long baths, large glasses of wine and what seems like an endless 3 days of reading; but there is something that gets us all glowing and clapping our hands in ungracious delight as we skip about, flipping and flapping our hair and hands in excitement – You guessed it!  Blog Hop Friday!!!



Who are your favourite authors??

Kelly:  I have been dreading this question popping up; I break into a sweat and hyperventilate!  Picking my favourite authors is like asking a mother who her favourite child is – I can never chose!  I lay my books out and calmly say to myself “Seriously, Pick one it really is not that difficult.  Everyone has them”, I then look from one to the other nervously expecting them to jump up and scream “Pick me!” but then the guilt settles and I have hug them all to me and say “I really do love you all and I am sorry for my lack of courage to admit it!”.

Tarryn: It is against my book religion to answer this question



Book Blogger Hop 

What are your feelings on losing followers? Have you ever stopped following a blog?

It’s a Book Thing is relatively new so we flop about with excitement when it comes to comments and an increase on Google Friend counter.  When you decide to blog you make a conscious decision to create content selfishly; reviewing books you like and putting your word out there, but when a stranger posts a comment like “I am a new follower and I just love your blog, definitely coming back!” and then they comment on the next blog post and the next.  You in turn visit their blog and comment to your heart’s content and before you know it you are creating content and having web based conversations with people who are your Reading lovers Soul Mate (Not Romantically).  We would hate to lose the comments on our blog and the random pop past comments! So followers come one, come all! You are welcome here regardless of book preference, attitude, age, gender and writing style – It’s a Book Thing is for you! Please don’t leave...

8 comments:

sharon said...

Kelly, your comment reminded me of a book entitled : You are all my Favourites by Sam McBratney. And so I agree, each book is special and has its own personality...

Howard Sherman said...

I'm always a little bummed when I lose followers but make every effort to
turn every lost follower into a learning experience so I can improve my
performance.

On the flip side, I only stop following people when they give me a reason to
such as being totally off message or being too controversial in an negative,
over-the-top way.

Happy Book Blogger Hop Friday!

Howard Sherman
http://www.howardsherman.net

Tiffany said...

Old follower.. just stopping by to say hi! Hope your having a great friday!
http://acozyreaderscorner.blogspot.com

Elizabeth said...

Stopping by from the hop...I don't think I have ever visited before...love your name...very eye-catching.

Stop by my blog if you like for my answer to this week's question.

Enjoy the hop.

http://silversolara.blogspot.com

1girl2manybooks said...

Stopping by from the Hop! I have trouble naming my favourite authors at times, they change! And I have so many that it's hard to single people out!
Happy weekend :)

lisajo85 said...

Happy Blog Hop Friday!

Love your site! I'm a new follower!

I have too many fav authors to name...which is a good thing, I guess. :-D

Have a great weekend!

Lisajo85 @ Once Upon A Chapter

Moody Teen said...

Haii there!

I'm a new follower, via the hop! Come check me out @ themoodyteenager.blogspot.com

KK BAII!

TheBookGirl said...

Your responses regarding not being able to pick a favorite author made me smile :)
Good for you...I would hate to single one out...but if I had to, I guess I would say Dickens...but don't hold me to it!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by Suck my Lolly