Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating...


Tarryn's Pick: Minding Frankie by Maeve Binchy
Published: March 2011


"Maeve Binchy is back with a tale of joy, heartbreak and hope in a close-knit Dublin community.

When Noel learns that his former flame is terminally ill and pregnant with a child she claims is his, he agrees to take care of the baby girl once she’s born. But as a recovering alcoholic whose demons are barely under control, he can’t do it alone. Luckily, he has an amazing network of family and friends who are ready to help: love-starved Lisa, who becomes his round-the-clock partner in little Frankie’s care; his American cousin and pep-talker Emily; and the many eager babysitters from the neighborhood, including old friends like Signora and Aidan, Dr. Declan and his parents.

The unconventional arrangement works out beautifully—until a nosy social worker becomes convinced that Frankie would be better off in a foster home. Now it’s up to everyone in town to persuade her that each of them has something special to offer when it comes to minding Frankie."

Kelly's Pick: The Peech Keeper by Sarah Addison Allen
Published: March 2011

There are no details on this title as yet, but rest assured if her previous titles are anything to go by I know it is going to be worth the long wait...

8 comments:

TwilightsDance said...

Great WOW!

Here is my WOW

Yara @ Once Upon a Twilight

Christie (The Fiction Enthusiast) said...

Nice picks! I love books set in Dublin :)

Jill said...

Welcome to WoW!! So glad you're participating!

I haven't read anything by Binchy in awhile, but this needs to go on my list.

I'm SO excited about The Peach Keeper!!

Beth(bookaholicmom) said...

Looking forward to The Peach Keeper also! Putting the Binchy book on my wish list too.

Jenny N. said...

Nice picks! I hope you'll get these soon.

Jude said...

So lovely to see Maeve Binchy on your WoW list.

This is what I'm Waiting On this week. J x

Susan said...

Squee! A new Maeve Binchy? I can't wait!

LMW said...

This sounds like a very entertaining read!! I hope that you will really enjoy it!
The Delusional Diaries

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by Suck my Lolly