Friday, October 29, 2010

Friday Follow (2) - Book Blog Hop

Not only does Friday signify the oncoming of the weekend, a book buying, reading, devouring-words frenzy spread over 3 days, but also Friday Follow.  Tarryn & I relish in Fridays for both reasons.  We are satisfied with long baths, large glasses of wine and what seems like an endless 3 days of reading; but there is something that gets us all glowing and clapping our hands in ungracious delight as we skip about, flipping and flapping our hair and hands in excitement – You guessed it!  Blog Hop Friday!!!
If you have, or would have a daughter, what book would you want your daughter to read?
Kelly:  Matilda by Roald Dahl.  This book was one of the first that I sat huddled over in our local library every Saturday morning.  I relished in the sense of fantasy and the utterly grotesque descriptions that Roald Dahl is famous for.  It was this book that harvested my love for reading, taught me that reading makes you smarter (Who would have THUNK!) with each word, broadens your horizons and anything that keeps you captivated is everything.
Tarryn:  Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte.  This novel is a book considered ahead of its time. In spite of the dark, brooding elements, it has a strong sense of right and wrong, of morality at its core.  This book highlighted so many things for me as a girl: morality, independence, gender relations, love and passion (not necessarily the same thing), forgiveness and the importance of family. Why would you not want your daughter to read this?

Book Blogger Hop
What is the one bookish thing you would love to have, no matter the cost?
Tarryn: My Bookish Dream would be a library in my home.
Kelly:  My Bookish Dream is to one day own a bookstore with dark mahogany shelves, spilling over with books.  There would be four enormous couches and huge, delicious, gooey cupcakes would be sold off the one side of the bookstore.  BLISS!


12 comments:

Sarah said...

Ooh... Kelly you got me. I have always secretly wanted a bookstore of my own!

Ginger said...

Hi, I'm a new follower :-) I would love a library in my home too - check out my post to see which one lol!
Come see what's happening at GReads!

Heidi said...

Just hopping by...I think 9 out of 10 blogs I've visited have all wanted a library. If we all want them so bad why don't more houses have them??? hmm something to ponder.

Have a spooky weekend.

I Read Banned Books said...

Hopping by! Great answers! Who wouldn't want their own library! I would, but I didn't pick that as my answer.

Hope you come by and see my answer!

Kim said...

I am a new follower, and I LOVE your blog! Your "about me" is hysterical, love the pics!! I would love, love, love a bookstore, too,... except that whole "business owner" thing could take away from my reading time!!

Coffee and a Book Chick said...

I would LOVE a bookstore!!!!

Here's my Hop: Coffee and a Book Chick -- Blog Hop...

Sylvere ap Leanan said...

Ooh, a bookstore. That would be fun. Happy hopping!

Judith Leger said...

Happy Halloween!

I'm here for the blog hop and Follow Friday! I just love these. Answer for the Hop is an IPad or Kindle. Answer for the Follow Friday is: The books I would chose would be Dr. Suess' when she was young then as she grew older I would definitely recommend the Nancy Drew and Trixie Beldon books! I loved them when I was young. Here my links and you can find me on facebook too!

www.judithleger.blogspot.com

http://twitter.com/#!/judithleger

Danielle @ Romance Book Junkies said...

Hi,
I'm doing my rounds for the Blog Hop and Follow Friday so I'm stopping to say say hello. :) I hope you have a fantastic weekend.

I'm an new follower.

http://romancebookjunkies.blogspot.com

TheBookGirl said...

Books and cupcakes???Sign me up :)

Yvonne said...

Hopping through....I'd love to own my own bookstore. That's a big dream of mine!

Sue said...

Here I am. Do you know, only yesterday (Sunday) did I first hear the word "blog hop" - I'm a new published author and obviously it appealed to me. Now I know. Roll on Friday! Love to join you.
If I had a bookshop (or even access to one) I'd think it was
Christmas every day.
Excellent blog,
Sue

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by Suck my Lolly